What’s in the news?
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Mission ‘Har Payment Digital’ on the occasion of Digital Payments Awareness Week (DPAW) 2023.
- This is part of RBI’s endeavour to make every person in India a user of digital payments.
- DPAW 2023 will be observed from the 6th to 12th of March, 2023. The campaign theme is “Digital Payment Apnao, Auron ko bhi Sikhao” (Adopt digital payments and Also teach others).
- “Har Payment Digital” is aimed at reinforcing the ease and convenience of digital payments and facilitating onboarding of new consumers into the digital fold.
- Various campaigns highlighting the digital payment channels available are being planned by the banks and non-bank payment system operators.
- This will further encourage and support the adoption of digital payments in the country.