What are micro LED Display
- MicroLED is a technology that helps a display to produce brighter and higher-contrast images that are not possible with other known technologies.
- It is an emerging flat-panel display technology consisting of arrays of microscopic LEDs forming the individual pixel elements.
- The basis of microLED technology are sapphires.
- A sapphire can shine on its own forever.
- A microLED screen is filled with such small but strong light.
- The picture in a microLED screen is generated by several individual light-emitting diodes.
How it works
- A microLED is as small as cutting a centimetre of hair into 200 smaller pieces.
- Each of these microLEDs are semiconductors that receive electrical signals.
- Once these microLEDs are gathered, they form a module.
- Several modules are then combined to form screens.
- Manufacturers claim that the microLED panel format has multiple advantages which include increased brightness, longer life-span and lower power consumption.
- MicroLED displays are brighter, have better colour reproduction and provide better viewing angles.
- They make images appear as if they painted on top of the device’s glass and are quite the technological feat
- MicroLEDs have limitless scalability, as they are resolution-free, bezel-free, ratio-free, and even size-free.
- The screen can be freely resized in any form for practical usage.