What’s in the news?
- The first edition of India, France and UAE Maritime Partnership Exercise commenced in the Gulf of Oman.
- The exercise will witness a wide spectrum of naval operations such as Surface Warfare, involving tactical firing and Drills for Missile engagements on surface targets, Helicopter Cross Deck Landing Operations, Advanced Air Defence Exercise and Boarding operations.
- The exercise would also include cross embarkation of personnel for exchange of best practises.
- The maiden exercise aims to enhance trilateral cooperation between the three navies and pave the way for adopting measures towards addressing traditional and non-traditional threats in the maritime environment.
- The exercise will also enhance collaboration in ensuring safety of mercantile trade and freedom of navigation at high seas in the region.