About the programme
- The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establishing India as a great sporting nation.
- The Khelo India scheme is organised under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- Talented players identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels by the High-Powered Committee will be provided annual financial assistance of INR 5 lakh per annum for 8 years.
Why in the news?
- Khelo India’ centres are being opened for the nurturing of athletes at grassroots level and to strengthen the sports ecosystem in the country.
- The Khelo India Centres have been launched by the Sports Ministry in partnership with the State Governments to ensure the availability of grassroot-level sports infrastructure across the country.
View all comments