Khelo India Scheme
- The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country.
- It is implemented by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- It was launched in the year 2018.
- Under the scheme, talented players identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels (by the High-Powered Committee) will be provided annual financial assistance of 5 lakh per annum for 8 years.
Why in News?
- The next Khelo India Youth Games will kick start on the 30th of this month in Madhya Pradesh.