What’s in the news?
- President Droupadi Murmu has launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan – Catch the Rain 2023 campaign in New Delhi.
- IT is a part of efforts to turn conservation of water into a mass campaign in the run-up to the monsoon season.
- The theme of the campaign is “Source sustainability for drinking water”.
- Recognising the roles of the women in water conservation and sanitation, the President conferred the ‘Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023’, under various categories of the Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen, Jal Jeevan Mission and National Water Mission.
- The awards were given to acknowledge the leadership and contribution of women of grassroot level in the journey towards making of a Swach Sujal Bharat.