Indian Grey Hornbill
- It is one of the Hornbill species found in India.
- This hornbill species is distributed in the Indian subcontinent, excluding Sri Lanka. It is found across India except Western Ghats, some parts of Himalayas, North-east and Thar desert.
- The Indian grey hornbill species predominantly eat berries and fruits. They are monogamous (only one partner in lifetime).
- IUCN status: Least Concern
Why in the news?
- Recently Indian Grey Hornbill has been found breeding in the Chennai City which was not its geographical distribution area previously.
View all comments