- IN-SPACe is an independent nodal agency under Department of Space (DOS) for allowing space activities and usage of DOS owned facilities by Non-Government-Private-Entities (NGPEs).
- Statement 2 is correct: It acts as the promoter and regulator of space activities in India by NGPEs.
- IN-SPACe will have a Chairman, technical experts for space activities, Safety expert, experts from Academia and Industries, Legal and Strategic experts from other departments, members from PMO and MEA of Government of India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- IN-SPACe is to be established as a single window nodal agency, with its own cadre, which will permit and oversee the following activities of NGPEs.
- Space activities including building of launch vehicles and satellites and providing space based services as per the definition of space activities.
- Sharing of space infrastructure and premises under the control of ISRO with due considerations to on-going activities.
- Establishment of temporary facilities within premises under ISRO control based on safety norms and feasibility assessment
- Establishment of new space infrastructure and facilities, by NGPEs, in pursuance of space activities based on safety norms and other statutory guidelines and necessary clearances.
- Initiation of launch campaign and launch, based on readiness of launch vehicle and spacecraft systems, ground and user segment.
- Building, operation and control of spacecraft for registration as Indian Satellite by NGPEs and all the associated infrastructure for the same.
- Usage of spacecraft data and rolling out of space based services and all the associated infrastructure for the same.
Why in News?
- Government of India informed that till date, 135 applications have been received by IN-SPACe from 135 Non-Governmental Entities (NGEs) in the Space Sector.