- Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the minority communities.
- These are organised by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- It aims to provide employment opportunities at national as well international markets for thousands of master artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts.
- It also provides a market and opportunity to master artisans and craftsmen from remote areas of the country, and has become a credible brand of rare exquisite indigenous handmade products.
|USTTAD scheme aims to preserve heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities and build capacity of traditional crafts persons and artisans and establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market|
Why in News?
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs said that “Hunar Haat” has become an effective mission of the Government to provide “Backup to Brilliance” and “Encouragement to Expertise”:
- “Hunar Haat” has proved to be an effective platform to strengthen mission of “Atma Nirbhar Bharat” and commitment to “Vocal for Local”