Garuda- VII exercise
- Air Force Chiefs of India and France have joined the ongoing Air Exercise Garuda VII at Jodhpur.
- Ex Garuda VII is also the first occasion for the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and the recently inducted Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) Prachand to participate in any international exercise.
- Apart from the LCA and LCH, the IAF contingent consists of Su-30 MKI, Rafale and Jaguar fighter aircrafts, as well as Mi-17 helicopters.
- The bilateral air exercise between India and France has been ongoing since 2003.
- This joint exercise will provide a platform for both the countries to enhance operational capability and interoperability, while also sharing best practices.
This is the seventh edition of the bilateral exercise.
View all comments