Fit India Movement
About Fit India Movement
- The Fit India Movement is a movement to take the nation on a path of fitness and wellness.
- It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India.
- It aims at behavioural changes – from sedentary lifestyle to physically active way of day-to-day living.
- As part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
- A committee, headed by Sports Minister and comprising government officials, members of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters, has been formed to take the movement forward.
Why in News?
The Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports concluded the second edition of “Fit India School Week” program.
- School is the first place where habits are formed. School children should be encouraged to indulge in active field time during school hours involving fitness and sports activities.
- This will instil in students the understanding for regular physical activity and higher levels of fitness, thus enhancing self-esteem and confidence in them. Keeping these objectives in mind, Fit India School Week program was launched in 2019.
View all comments