What’s in the news?
- The Indian Navy is set to participate in ‘Exercise Sea Dragon 23’, the third edition of the coordinated multi-lateral anti-submarine warfare exercise (ASW) exercise, conducted by the US Navy.
- The exercise would stress on coordinated anti-submarine warfare amongst the participating countries.
- The complexity and scope of these exercises has increased steadily over the past years to include advanced ASW drills.
- Ex Sea Dragon 23 will test the capabilities of participating aircraft in tracking simulated and live underwater targets, whilst also sharing mutual expertise.
- The Exercise aims to achieve high levels of synergy and coordination between the friendly navies, which is based on their shared values and commitment to an open, inclusive Indo-Pacific.