What’s in the news?
- The ninth edition of Joint Military exercise between India and Sri Lanka “MITRA SHAKTI-2023” commenced in Aundh (Pune).
- The Scope of the exercise includes synergising joint responses during counter-terrorist operations.
- Both sides will practice tactical actions such as raid, search and destroy missions, heliborne operations, etc. In addition, Army Martial Arts Routine (AMAR), combat reflex shooting and Yoga will also form part of the exercise curriculum.
- Exercise MITRA SHAKTI – 2023 will also involve employment of Drones and Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems besides helicopters.
- Sharing of best practices will further enhance the level of defence cooperation between Indian Army and Sri Lankan Army. The exercise will also foster strong bilateral relations between the two neighbouring nations.