What’s in the news?
- Indian Army and Indian Air Force contingent has departed for Kazakhstan to take part in the 7th edition of Joint Military ‘Exercise KAZIND-2023’.
- The Joint Exercise between India and Kazakhstan was instituted as ‘Exercise PRABAL DOSTYK’ in 2016.
- After the second edition, the Exercise was upgraded to a company-level exercise and renamed as ‘Exercise KAZIND’.
- The Exercise has been further upgraded as a Bi-service Exercise this year by including the Air Force component.
- In this edition of the Exercise, both sides will practice conduct of Counter Terrorism operations in a sub-conventional environment under the United Nations mandate. The contingents will jointly rehearse various tactical drills to include Raid, Search and Destroy Operations, Small Team Insertion and Extraction Operations. The scope of the Exercise also includes conduct of Counter Unmanned Aerial System Operations.