Exercise Desert Flag
About the Exercise
- The Exercise Desert Flag is an annual multi-national large force employment warfare exercise hosted by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Air Force.
- The aim of the exercise is to provide operational exposure to the participating forces, while training them to undertake simulated air combat operations in a controlled environment.
- The participating forces will get an opportunity to enhance their operational capabilities. There will also be a mutual exchange of best practices.
Why in News?
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to participate in the Exercise Desert Flag-VI along with the air forces of the UAE, the US, France, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Bahrain for the first time.
- The exercise is scheduled from March 3 to 21 at the Al-Dhafra airbase in the UAE.
- The IAF is participating with six Su-30 MKI, two C-17 and one IL-78 tanker aircraft.
- Over the last decade, IAF has regularly hosted and participated in multi-national operational exercises, wherein collaborative engagements are undertaken amongst the best air forces of the world.
View all comments