- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is a joint venture of Public Sector Undertakings under the Ministry of Power.
- ESL was formed to create and sustain market access of energy efficient technologies, particularly in the public facilities like municipalities, buildings, agriculture, industry etc. and to implement several schemes of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power and Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- EESL is also leading the market-related activities of National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE), one of the eight national missions under National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
- EESL is the world’s largest energy service company (ESCO) that is driving numerous initiatives that are potential game-changers in building a conducive ecosystem for energy efficient technologies, across geographies.
Why in News?
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited has launched its National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) and Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP).
- These initiatives are aimed at revolutionizing cooking practices in India and emphasizing on the importance and urgency of energy efficient fans.
- As part of these programmes, EESL will distribute 1 crore efficient BLDC fans and 20 Lakh energy-efficient induction cook stoves nationwide.
- NECP introduces induction-based cook-stoves, offering a cost advantage of 25-30% over traditional cooking methods, promising both energy savings and cost-effective cooking solutions.
- EEFP focuses on deploying energy-efficient BLDC (Brushless Direct Current) fans, with the goal of distributing 1 crore ceiling fans. These initiatives not only reduce energy consumption and environmental impact, but also enhance consumer comfort while lowering electricity bills, creating a win-win situation for all.