- Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) is a non-constitutional, non-permanent and independent body constituted to give advice on economic and related issues to the Government of India, specifically to the Prime Minister.
- The Terms of Reference of EAC-PM include analyzing any issue, economic or otherwise, referred to it by the Prime Minister and advising him thereon, addressing issues of macroeconomic importance and presenting views thereon to the Prime Minister.
- These could be either suo-motu or on reference from the Prime Minister or anyone else.
- The chairman is appointed from time to time when the body is constituted.
Why in News?
- Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister is set to release the Competitiveness Roadmap for India@100.
- India@100 is a roadmap for our country’s journey towards its centennial year, identifying the steps required to realize the vast potential and huge ambitions that you have outlined for our nation.
- The roadmap stands to inform and guide the way for India to become a higher-income country by 2047. It proposes policy goals, principles and approaches to further drive India’s economy in the direction of sustainability and resilience, embedded in social progress and shared prosperity.