What’s in the news?
- The Election Commission is set to launch the Electors Photo Identity Cards (e-EPICs) to enable voters to download the electronic version of EPICs on the National Voters Day (January 25).
- The e-EPIC will be a non-editable PDF of the EPIC that can be stored on the DigiLocker app or printed from a computer. The e-EPICs are in addition to physical IDs being issued for fresh registration.
- The digital version of EPICs would be available for download from the Voter Helpline app, voterportal.eci.gov.in and nvsp.in.
- All general voters who have valid EPIC numbers would be able to download the e-EPIC from February 1 and those who applied in November and December 2020 will be able to download their digital EPICs from January 25 till January 31.
- Themed ‘Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed’, the National Voters Day this year will focus on the ECI’s commitment towards conducting elections safely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
View all comments