What’s in the news?
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has announced the extension of its Digital Health Incentives Scheme (DHIS) under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission till the 31st of December this year.
- The scheme offers incentives of up to four crore rupees based on the number of digital health records created and linked to Ayushman Bharat Health Account numbers of the patients.
- Under the scheme, incentives are provided to hospitals and diagnostic labs and to the providers of digital health solutions. The DHIS was launched in January this year.
- The scheme proved to be a significant catalyst in promoting the adoption of digital health technologies and practices in healthcare delivery across the country.
- As of date, one thousand 205 health facilities have registered under this scheme with 567 public and 638 private hospitals.