What’s in the news?
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment has launched DigiSaksham – a digital skills programme to enhance the employability of youth by imparting digital skills that are required in an increasingly technology driven era.
- Launched as a joint initiative with Microsoft India, it is an extension of the Government’s ongoing programs to support the youth from rural and semi-urban areas.
About the Initiative
- Through DigiSaksham initiative, free of cost training in digital skills including basic skills as well as advance computing, will be provided to more than 3 lakh youths in the first year.
- The Jobseekers can access the training through National Career Service (NCS) Portal (www.ncs.gov.in).
- The initiative gives priority to the job-seekers of semi urban areas belonging to disadvantaged communities, including those who have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment is implementing the National Career Service (NCS) Project to provide a variety of employment related services like job matching, career counselling, vocational guidance, information on skill development courses, apprenticeship, internships etc.
- The services under NCS are available online which was dedicated to the Nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015. All the services available in the portal are free of cost for all stakeholders including jobseekers, employers, training providers and placement organizations.
View all comments