- The Digi Yatra project is an initiative of the Ministry of Civil Aviation which aims to make air travellers hassle-free, frictionless, and health-risk-free.
- The initiative aims to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society.
- Digi Yatra facilitates paperless travel and avoids identity check at multiple points.
Why in News?
- Digi Yatra facility will be launched at 6 more airports namely Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Lucknow, Jaipur, and Guwahati airports in the month of August 2023.
- The implementation and installation of Digi Yatra infrastructure at these airports will take place in a phased manner.