Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel
Why in News:
- The Indian Navy dispatched its Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) from Visakhapatnam to support the Indonesian Navy in search and rescue efforts for its submarine KRI Nanggala that went missing
What is a DSRV?
- A deep-submergence rescue vehicle (DSRV) is a type of deep-submergence vehicle used for rescue of downed submarines and clandestine missions.
- A Submarine Rescue Vessel, a Remote Operations Vehicle, Side Scan Sonar, and other equipment make up the system.
- Diver Decompression Chambers and hyperbaric (a gas at a pressure higher than normal) medical devices are also available to decompress submariners who have been rescued from a sunken submarine.
- It can be quickly mobilised by air or road to aid submarine rescue operations even in remote areas.
- The Indian Navy has inducted two such systems that will provide submarine rescue protection on India’s west and east coasts, respectively.
[…] To read more about DSRV: https://officerspulse.com/deep-submergence-rescue-vessel/ […]