Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development Scheme
What’s in the news?
- The Government has approved Central Sector Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development (BIND) Scheme with an outlay of over two 2,539 crore rupees up to 2025-26.
- The scheme will financially support Prasar Bharati in the expansion and upgradation of its broadcasting infrastructure, content development, and civil works.
- The scheme will widen the reach in Left Wing Extremism, border, and strategic areas.
- Eight lakh DD Free Dish DTH Set Top Boxes will be distributed to people living in remote, tribal, Left Wing Extremism, border areas, and aspirational districts.
- In addition to enhancing the scope of public broadcasting, the Project for modernisation and augmentation of broadcast infrastructure also has the potential to generate indirect employment by way of manufacturing and services related to the supply and installation of broadcast equipment.
About Prasar Bharati
- Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency.
- It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
View all comments