- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is a road construction executive force in India that provides support to Indian Armed Forces.
- BRO develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighboring countries.
- This includes infrastructure operations in 19 states and three union territories (including Andaman and Nicobar Islands) and neighboring countries such as Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Tajikistan and Sri Lanka.
- BRO is also tasked with maintaining this infrastructure including operations such as snow clearance. BRO is instrumental in significantly upgrading and building new India-China Border Roads.
Why in News?
- Border Roads Organization (BRO) is working round the clock to restore connectivity in north Sikkim.