- AuditOnline is one of the generic and open source applications developed under e-panchayat Mission Mode Project (MMP) initiated by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR).
- AuditOnline facilitates the financial audit of accounts at all the three levels of Panchayats viz District, Block and Village Panchayats, Urban Local Bodies (ULB) and Line department by Auditors (State AG/LFA).
- AuditOnline facilitates recording details for both Internal and External Audit as per the defined process.
- The software not only facilitates the online and offline audit of accounts but also serves the purpose of maintaining the past audit records of the auditee with associated list of the auditors and audit team involved in the audit and acts as a good financial audit tool and improves transparency & accountability.
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) along with National Informatics Centre (NIC), functioning as technology partner of the Government, has been recognized for its AuditOnline software programme at the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2023.
- The annual WSIS Forum is a global multistakeholder platform facilitating the implementation of the WSIS Action Lines for advancing sustainable development, organized by ITU, UNESCO, UNDP and UNCTAD.
- It provides an opportunity for information exchange, knowledge creation and sharing of best practices, while identifying emerging trends and fostering partnerships, taking into account the evolving Information and Knowledge Societies.
View all comments