About the programme
- The Anemia Mukt Bharat is an initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and UNICEF to reduce the prevalence of Anemia all over India.
- It follows a 6X6X6 strategy (six target beneficiary groups, through six interventions and six institutional mechanisms) to reduce prevalence of anemia by 3 percentage points per year.
- The six population groups under AMB strategy are:
- Children (6-59 months)
- Children (5-9 years)
- Adolescents girls and boys (10-19 years)
- Pregnant women
- Lactating women
- Women of Reproductive Age (WRA) group (15-49 years)
Why in News?
- In the recently released Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Haryana secured the top position among 29 states in the country with an AMB Index of 46.7.