‘Accelerate Vigyan’ (AV) strives to provide a big push to high-end scientific research and prepare scientific manpower which can venture into research careers and knowledge-based economy.
The aim of AV is to expand the research base in the country, with three broad goals
- consolidation / aggregation of all scientific training programs,
- initiating high-end Orientation Workshops and
- creating opportunities for Research Internships.
Components of AV
ABHYAAS programme is an attempt to boost research and development in the country by enabling and grooming potential PG/PhD students by means of developing their research skills in selected areas across different disciplines or fields. It has 2 components
- KARYASHALA- High-End Workshops
- VRITIKA- Research Internship.
Mission ‘SAMOOHAN’ aims to encourage, aggregate and consolidate all scientific interactions in the country under one common roof. It has 2 components
- SAYONJIKA- an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology.
- SANGOSTI- is designed to facilitate the scientific community to establish an interaction with other individuals and research groups to enhance knowledge exchange.
Why in News?
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched a scheme called ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ (AV).
|SERB is a statutory body established under the Department of Science and Technology to promote and fund research in different scientific disciplines.It aims to build up best management systems which would match the best global practices in the area of promotion and funding of basic research.|