What’s in the news?
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Centrally Sponsored Scheme- “Vibrant Villages Programme” (VVP) for the Financial Years 2022-23 to 2025-26 with financial allocation of Rs. 4800 Crore.
- It aims at comprehensive development of villages of blocks on the northern border to improve the quality of life of people living in identified border villages.
- This will help in encouraging people to stay in their native locations in border areas and reversing the outmigration from these villages adding to improved security of the border.
- The scheme will provide funds for development of essential infrastructure and creation of livelihood opportunities in 19 Districts and 46 Border blocks 4 states and 1 UT along the northern land border of the country which will help in achieving inclusive growth and retaining the populatiion in the border areas.
- Vibrant Village Action Plans will be created by the district adminstration with the help of Gram Panchayats. 100 % saturation of Central and state schemes will be ensured.
- Key outcomes that have been attempted are, connectivity with all weather road, drinking water, 24×7 electricty – Solar and wind energy to be given focuseed attention, mobile and internet connectivity. Tourist centers, multi-purpose centers and health and wellness Centers.