Suryakiran aerobatic display
Why in News:
- The Suryakiran aerobatic display team of the Indian Air Force (IAF) has just completed 25 years.
About the team
- One of the few nine aircraft display teams in the world and the only one in Asia.
- Since its inception, the SKAT (The Suryakiran Aerobatic Team) has carried out over 600 displays all around the country, it has also represented India across southeast Asia including China.
- Marking the golden jubilee year of the 1971 Liberation War of Bangladesh, the SKAT team has been flying different formations over landmarks across the country starting from Kanyakumari in the south.
- At Aero India 2021, the Suryakiran teamed up with the Sarang helicopter display team in the world’s first-ever integrated display of nine aircraft and four helicopter teams.
- Their first foreign display was for the Sri Lankan Air Force Day in Colombo in 2001 and the most recent was to commemorate the 20th Sri Lankan Air Force Day.
View all comments