What’s in the news?
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is set to organize the first-ever Startup India Innovation Week from 10th -16th of January 2022.
- This virtual week-long innovation celebration aims to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and is designed to showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship across India.
- India is emerging as a global innovation hub, boasting the world’s third-largest startup ecosystem.
- Our startups representing 55 industries, spread across 633 districts with at least one startup from every State and UT of the country have created over 6 lakh jobs since 2016.
- 45% of the startups are from Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities and 45% of them are represented by women entrepreneurs. Startups have the potential to accelerate India’s integration into global value chains and create global impact.
- This startup and innovation festival’s primary goal is to bring together the country’s key startups, entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, funding entities, banks, policymakers, and other national/international stakeholders to celebrate entrepreneurship and promote innovation.