What’s in the news?
- The Science and Engineering Board (SERB) has launched the portal called ‘SERB – PRoject Information System & Management (SERB – PRISM)’.
- Developed by SERB, this portal is designed to provide information regarding projects sanctioned by SERB from 2011 onwards, including funding details, status, research summary, and project output information such as publications and patents.
- SERB-PRISM provides a platform which makes project details, research outcomes, facilities created, and their achievements originating from SERB funding accessible.
- It also allows researchers to look at research trends, learn about cutting-edge science, locate critical equipment in their vicinity and help seek collaborations across disciplines.
- It also helps in the democratisation of Research & Development funding trends.
- SERB is a Statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, established through an Act of Parliament in 2009. (SERB Act, 2008)
- Supporting basic research in emerging areas of Science & Engineering are the primary and distinctive mandate of the Board.
- It is the premier agency for planning, promoting, and funding of internationally competitive research in emerging areas.