About the Dialogue
- The Raisina Dialogue is India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics, held annually since 2016. It is jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation (ORF).
- ORF is an independent global think tank based in Delhi.
- It is a multilateral conference committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community. Every year, global leaders in policy, business, media and civil society are hosted in New Delhi to discuss cooperation on a wide range of pertinent international policy matters.
- The Dialogue is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials, as well as major private sector executives, members of the media and academics.
Why does the Dialogue matter?
- In the past six years, the Raisina Dialogue has grown in stature and profile to emerge as a leading global conference on international affairs. It attracts leading minds from the global strategic and policy-making community to discuss broader foreign policy and strategic issues facing the world.
- An event of such scale sets the tone for the rest of the year. The Dialogue provides a platform for the government to state its position on various questions and issues of international relations.
- The event gives many experts, and other countries, a glimpse into the Indian government’s near-term priorities in international relations.
- The Dialogue also provides a golden chance for young scholars and researchers to interact with a galaxy of stars from the international relations universe. Also, it gives a platform for researchers to network and perhaps even collaborate.
- And finally, the event creates an ecosystem for the growth and development of think tanks and other policy groups.
Why in News?
- In the first Prime Ministerial visit from Italy to India in five years, Giorgia Meloni will visit India from March 2 to 3 and will also be the chief guest and keynote speaker at the 8th Raisina Dialogue.