Public Affairs Index 2020
What’s in the news?
- Public Affairs Centre, a not-for-profit organisation, headed by former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman K. Kasturirangan, has released its Public Affairs Index (PAI)-2020.
- In this annual report, States were ranked on governance performance based on a composite index in the context of sustainable development defined by the three pillars of equity, growth and sustainability.
Highlights of the Index
- Four southern States — Kerala (1.388 PAI Index point), Tamil Nadu (0.912), Andhra Pradesh (0.531) and Karnataka (0.468) stood in the first four ranks in the large State category in terms of governance.
- Uttar Pradesh (-1.461), Odisha (-1.201) and Bihar (-1.158) were at the bottom of the ranking.
- In the small State category, Goa ranked first with 1.745 points, followed by Meghalaya and Himachal Pradesh. The worst performers with negative points were Manipur (-0.363), Delhi (-0.289) and Uttarakhand (-0.277).
- Chandigarh emerged at the top in the category of Union Territories with 1.05 PAI points, followed by Puducherry and Lakshadweep. Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman, Jammu and Kashmir and Nicobar were the worst performers.
View all comments