- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries has been implementing the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) since 2017.
- PMKSY is a comprehensive package which aims to create modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It aims to provide a big boost to the growth of the food processing sector in the country and also help in providing better returns to farmers, reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
Objectives of PMKSY
- Creation of modern infrastructure for food processing mega food parks/ clusters and individual units
- To create effective backward and forward linkages – linking farmers, processors and markets
- To create robust supply chain infrastructure for perishables
Why in News?
- The Central government has given permission to 27 projects under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana for development of integrated cold chains and value addition infrastructure in the country.