Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
About the Scheme
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is deemed as Skill India’s flagship skill development scheme. Its objective is to enable youth to take up training to secure a better livelihood.
- Assessment and training fees under this scheme are covered by the Government, and individuals with prior experience can get certified.
Components of PMKVY
- Short-term training: Under this module, training is provided to college/ school dropouts and the unemployed. People are empowered per the National Skills Qualification Framework and also in fields like soft skills, digital literacy and entrepreneurship.
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: This module encourages active participation from the community to foster transparency and accountability.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: Individuals with prior experience get certified and receive access to Bridge Courses to cater to knowledge gaps.
- Special projects: Those training programmes that deviate from the standard framework find a place within this facet of the scheme.
Why in News?
- The Government of India conducted a review programme of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana recently.
View all comments