What’s in the news?
- The Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has recently launched the Online Course Mobile App “Matsya Setu”.
About the app:
- The app was developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with the funding support of the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
- The online course app aims to disseminate the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
- Matsya Setu app has species-wise/ subject-wise self-learning online course modules, where renowned aquaculture experts explain the basic concepts and practical demonstrations on breeding, seed production and grow-out culture of commercially important fishes like carp, catfish, scampi, murrel, ornamental fish, pearl farming etc. Better Management
- Practices to be followed in maintaining the soil & water quality, feeding and health management in aquaculture operations were also provided in the course platform.
- Upon successful completion of each course module, an e-Certificate can be auto-generated.