About the Programme
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the ‘LaQshya’ (Labour room Quality Improvement Initiative) programme in 2017 which aimed at improving quality of care in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre (OT).
Objectives of LaQshya
- Reduce maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality;
- Improve quality of care during delivery and immediate post-partum period;
- Enhance satisfaction of beneficiaries, positive birthing experience and provide Respectful Maternity Care (RMC) to all pregnant women attending public health facilities.
- LaQshya program benefits every pregnant woman and newborn delivering in public health institutions.
- Program aims to improve quality of care for pregnant women in the labour room, maternity Operation Theatre and Obstetrics Intensive Care Units (ICUs) & High Dependency Units (HDUs).
Why in News?
- In a significant development and improvement in Quality of Labour Rooms and Maternity Operation Theaters Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has accorded National Certification under LaQshya program to several hospitals in Jammu & Kashmir.
View all comments