Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue
- The Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) is the apex international annual conference of the Indian Navy and is the principal manifestation of the Navy’s engagement at the strategic-level.
- The dialogue has been held every year since 2018.
- The National Maritime Foundation (NMF) is the Navy’s knowledge partner and chief organiser of each edition of this annual event.
- NMF was established in 2005 in New Delhi as the nation’s first maritime think-tank for conducting independent and policy-relevant research on India’s maritime interests.
- The IPRD aims to review the prevailing geopolitics within the Indo-Pacific region and identify both opportunities and challenges arising from these geopolitical moves and countermoves of regional and extra-regional powers.
Why in News?
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh recently participated in the Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) 2021.
View all comments