Fit India Movement
About Fit India Movement:
- The Fit India Movement is a movement to take the nation on a path of fitness and wellness.
- It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India.
- It aims at behavioural changes – from sedentary lifestyle to physically active way of day-to-day living.
- As part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
- A committee, headed by Sports Minister and comprising government officials, members of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters, has been formed to take the movement forward.
Why in News?
The government of India’s flagship program Fit India is launching a series of interactive sessions with some of the top sportspersons of our country intended to inspire the school children.
View all comments