About Fit India Movement:
- The Fit India Movement was launched in 2019 to take the nation on a path of fitness and wellness.
- It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India.
- It aims at behavioural changes – from sedentary lifestyle to physically active way of day-to-day living.
- As part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
- A committee, headed by Sports Minister and comprising government officials, members of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters, has been formed to take the movement forward.
Why in News?
The World Health Organisation applauds India for Fitness Ka Dose Aadha Ghanta Roz campaign. The campaign launched as part of the nation-wide Fit India Movement .
Few Key Functions: