Exoskeleton for Indian soldiers
Why in News:
- DRDO is developing exoskeleton for the Indian soldiers posted in high altitudes
What is an exoskeleton?
- Exoskeletons can be worn over a regular uniform or combat gear so that a soldier’s strength is fully augmented.
- The gadget comes with powered special devices and AI to enhance the capabilities of a soldier.
Benefits of exoskeleton
- Enhance his additional load carrying capacity
- Helps patrolling in high altitude terrains by wearing leg-gear that assists them in walking in the snow.
- Reduces fatigue and exhaustion faced by the soldiers in a thin oxygen climate.
- They relieve load burden
Why does the Indian Army need them
- With Sino-India border issue likely to be guarded more intensely by both the sides, any support to make the lives of the soldiers safer and conducive shall go a long way in their motivation and operational efficiency.
- For the Indian soldiers, such futuristic technology can help in moving around in the minus 30-40 degrees Celsius temperature along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- For the troops who are deployed at high altitude — Siachen, Ladakh, there is a requirement of special equipment and clothing which will help in their movements, as well as special sleeping tents and rations which will keep them in good health and protect them from harsh weather conditions.
How is the Chinese Army faring?
- China has recently come out with military-grade exoskeleton suits which are powered and used for carrying ammunition.
- This has helped the PLA border defense troops in Southwest China’s Region to carry out tasks in high altitude inhuman environments. Work is in progress to supply more types of mission specific exoskeleton suits.
- The operational advantages achieved have been claimed by use of these few kilogram exoskeleton suits, which are like 20 kilograms of assisted strength, relieve more than fifty percent of the load burden, thereby, reducing the risks of injury to the troops.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi
- It is working to establish a world class science and technology base for India and provides our Defence Services decisive edge by equipping them with internationally competitive systems and solutions.
You’ve posted a very informative post here. This article provided me with some useful knowledge. Thank you for sharing that. Keep up the good work. <a href=”https://www.deshkeheroesin.com/drdo-exoskeleton-suit-for-indian-army-soldiers-in-high-altitude/“>drdo exoskeleton</a>