Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat
About Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat:
The Prime Minister announced the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiative on October 31, 2015 –– Rashtriya Ekta Diwas –– to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel to revive a sense of ‘nationhood’.
The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
- To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
- TO ESTABLISH long-term engagements and,
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
Why in News?
Various programmes and events are being conducted under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
View all comments