Artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. Specific applications of AI include expert systems, natural language processing, speech recognition and machine vision. In general, AI systems work by ingesting large amounts of labeled training data, analyzing the data for correlations and patterns, and using these patterns to make predictions about future states. This aspect of AI programming focuses on acquiring data and creating rules for how to turn the data into actionable information. The rules, which are called algorithms, provide computing devices with step-by-step instructions for how to complete a specific task.
Areas of Application
- AI in Astronomy-Artificial Intelligence can be very useful to solve complex universe problems. AI technology can be helpful for understanding the universe such as how it works, origin, etc.
- AI in Healthcare-In the last, five to ten years, AI becoming more advantageous for the healthcare industry and going to have a significant impact on this industry. Healthcare Industries are applying AI to make a better and faster diagnosis than humans. AI can help doctors with diagnoses and can inform when patients are worsening so that medical help can reach to the patient before hospitalization.
- AI in Gaming- AI can be used for gaming purpose. The AI machines can play strategic games like chess, where the machine needs to think of a large number of possible places.
- AI in Finance- AI and finance industries are the best matches for each other. The finance industry is implementing automation, chatbot, adaptive intelligence, algorithm trading, and machine learning into financial processes.
- AI in Data Security- The security of data is crucial for every company and cyber-attacks are growing very rapidly in the digital world. AI can be used to make your data more safe and secure. Some examples such as AEG bot, AI2 Platform,are used to determine software bug and cyber-attacks in a better way.
- AI in Social Media- Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat contain billions of user profiles, which need to be stored and managed in a very efficient way. AI can organize and manage massive amounts of data. AI can analyze lots of data to identify the latest trends, hashtag, and requirement of different users.
- AI in Travel & Transport- AI is becoming highly demanding for travel industries. AI is capable of doing various travel related works such as from making travel arrangement to suggesting the hotels, flights, and best routes to the customers. Travel industries are using AI-powered chatbots which can make human-like interaction with customers for better and fast response.
- AI in Automotive Industry- Some Automotive industries are using AI to provide virtual assistant to their user for better performance. Such as Tesla has introduced TeslaBot, an intelligent virtual assistant. Various Industries are currently working for developing self-driven cars which can make your journey more safe and secure.
- AI in Robotics- Artificial Intelligence has a remarkable role in Robotics. Usually, general robots are programmed such that they can perform some repetitive task, but with the help of AI, we can create intelligent robots which can perform tasks with their own experiences without pre-programmed. Humanoid Robots are best examples for AI in robotics, recently the intelligent Humanoid robot named as Erica and Sophia has been developed which can talk and behave like humans.
- AI in Entertainment- We are currently using some AI based applications in our daily life with some entertainment services such as Netflix or Amazon. With the help of ML/AI algorithms, these services show the recommendations for programs or shows.
- AI in Agriculture- Agriculture is an area which requires various resources, labor, money, and time for best result. Now a day’s agriculture is becoming digital, and AI is emerging in this field. Agriculture is applying AI as agriculture robotics, solid and crop monitoring, predictive analysis. AI in agriculture can be very helpful for farmers.
- AI in E-commerce- AI is providing a competitive edge to the e-commerce industry, and it is becoming more demanding in the e-commerce business. AI is helping shoppers to discover associated products with recommended size, color, or even brand.
- AI in education- AI can automate grading so that the tutor can have more time to teach. AI chatbot can communicate with students as a teaching assistant. AI in the future can be work as a personal virtual tutor for students, which will be accessible easily at any time and any place.
- Marketing- Targeted advertisements, predictive analytics, and personalised suggestions are powerful AI tools for marketing. For successful communications marketers can segment their customers’ profiles using AI technology to understand what motivates them.
- Business strategies- AI has proven to be invaluable in predicting employee satisfaction. Businesses are extensively using AI in their recruitment processes, from candidate profiling to assessment and selection. AI can also help identify attrition patterns and help formulate retention strategies.
- Agriculture-One of the latest artificial intelligence applications, Agriculture, has also shown a significant impact on the industry. With the increased demand for food, organizations are using automation and robotics technology with AI embedded in it to help farmers find more efficient ways to protect their crops from various elements like weather, weeds, market consumption rates, and much more. Issues such as climate change, population growth, and food security concerns have pushed the industry into seeking more innovative approaches to improve crop yield and targeted production.
- Smart Homes-The most advanced form of applications of artificial intelligence in the real-world are being implemented in homes, and are becoming smarter every day. Various devices like smart locks, smart switches, ect., are increasingly becoming compatible with various devices, and the application of smart homes is becoming more accessible to the general population every day.
- Banks- A lot of banks have already adopted AI-based systems or software to provide customer support and detect anomalies and credit card fraud. Another use of AI for banking, which is of far higher value for banks, is in fraud detection. It can be hard for humans to understand patterns, but machines are good at it. This is where fraud prevention AI comes into play.
- NITI Aayog to establish the National Program on AI
- Cloud computing platform called AIRAWAT (Artificial Intelligence Research, Analytics and Knowledge Assimilation Platform.
- National Artificial Intelligence Mission
- National strategy on AI which seeks to guide research and development in new and emerging technologies.
- Along with the portal mentioned above, the government also launched the Responsible AI for Youth programme.
- Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)
New questions have emerged around the risks of ethics and responsibility around AI technology. Businesses can rely on the rich ecosystem of consortium and regulatory bodies driving AI directives for implementations compliant with regulatory and security norms like analytics model interoperability, bias detection, and continuous performance monitoring. Enterprises must expand their AI cloud, access open-source AI software as a service (SaaS), and harness edge AI capabilities by efficiently using enterprise-wide data and train models ecosystem. A rich repository of industry-wide use cases and an ecosystem of start-ups and partners working on Applied AI solutions and platforms can propel an organisation in its AI ambitions.
How to structure:
- Give an intro about Artificial Intelligence
- Provide various sectors like Health, Education, Governance etc. where AI can be used- and give examples
- Mention any related schemes