What’s in the news?
- The Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) began at Davos in Switzerland with heads of state and business leaders focusing on the ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict and economic instability amid climate change.
- The meeting will continue till the 20th of January.
- Under the theme of Cooperation in a Fragmented World, names shaping the global politics and business world are participating in the forum.
- The meeting will also see attendance by 56 finance ministers, 19 central bank heads, 30 trade ministers, and 35 foreign ministers. It will convene more than 2,700 leaders from 130 countries, including 50 heads of state and government, as multiple crises deepen divisions and fragment the geopolitical landscape.
- This year will also see the highest-ever business participation at Davos, with more than 1,500 leaders from 700 organizations.