- The Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), is an online web-enabled system developed by the National Informatics Centre in association with the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- It has been developed with an objective of speedy redress and effective monitoring of grievances by Ministries/Departments/Organizations of Government of India.
- The CPGRAMS provides the facility to lodge a grievance online from any geographical location.
- It enables the citizen to track online the grievance being followed up with Departments concerned and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.
Why in News?
- The government announced a total of more than 1 crore grievances have been filed under CPGRAMS platforms in the last 10 years and most of them have been disposed of.
- Similarly, more than 50000 appeals were filed in CPGRAMS since the introduction of the appeal facility in CPGRAMS in January 2021.
- The National Informatics Centre was established in 1976, as an attached office under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The NIC provides infrastructure to help support the delivery of government IT services and the delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India.
View all comments