Why in News:
- With a view to orienting its officers and men posted along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Tibetan culture and also preparing them to better understand the information warfare, the Army has begun a course in Tibetology in a tie-up with the Central Institute of Himalayan Cultural Studies in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tibetan history, geopolitics and current political dynamics were covered in the form of lectures and case studies. Lamas who were proficient in Tibetan issues were hired from the Monastery in Bomdila to take the course.
About Bomdila Monastery
- Bomdila monastery is one of the most prominent centres of the Lamaistic faith of Mahayana Buddhism in Arunachal Pradesh
- Losar– mark the beginning of the New Year according to the Monapa calendar.
- Saka Dawa – marks the day of Buddha’s enlightenment.
- Torgya is celebrated to rejoice the victory of good over evil.
- Dukpa Tse-Shi honours the first sermon delivered by the Buddha
- Lhabab Duechen festival marks the reincarnation of the Buddha in His Shakyamuni form