- It is 700 verse Hindu scripture in Sanskrit that is part of Hindu epic Mahabharata.
- It is set in the narrative framework of dialogue between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide and charioteer Lord Krishna.
- The Bhagavad Gita presents a synthesis of the concept of Dharma, theistic bhakti, yogic ideals of moksha through jnana, bhakti, karma, and Raja Yoga and Samkhya philosophy.
Bhagavad Gita and how it can help Administrators
- Bhagwad Gita also emphasizes virtues that are indispensable for righteous administration.
- Virtues such as an unagitated mind(anuvignamanas), firm mindedness( prajna pratisthita), disinterestedness( anapeksas, udasinas), contentment with one’s own duty( svakramaniratas), indifference to pleasure and pain( samaduhkhasusukhas), being the same towards friend and enemy(samah satrau cha mitre cha) to perform his/her own most ethical manner.
- Gita implies that administrators occupying their position should discharge their duty. It also desires an administrator to be a combination of a raja and rishi, i.e. synthesis of selflessness (without any consideration of personal affection) and saintliness (no consideration of personal gain)
Bhagavad Gita and Corporate Ethics
- Karma Capitalism– happens when companies work for the benefit of all stakeholders, to help managers boost leadership skills and find inner peace in lives dominated by work; a gentler, more empathetic ethos that resonates in the post-tech-bubble
Bhagavad Gita and Everyday life
- In today’s atomic age when human society is grievously endangered by excessive materialism some of the messages of the Gita, like ‘niskama karmayoga’ have assumed an ever greater importance.
- In spite of the ideal of detachment Gita’s path is natural and integral. It preaches the Divinization and transformation of passions and not their repression, as was Kant’s contention.
Why in News:
- The newly elected PM of Britain Rishi Sunak used Bhagwad Gita when taking his oath of allegiance as a lawmaker in 2020
- The Bhagavad Gita was also sent on-board of the PSLC-C51 on an SD card to give the scripture, which teaches oneness as the highest form of humanity, the highest honour.
View all comments