What’s in the news?
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has launched the ‘ATL App Development Module’ for school children all across the country.
This has been done in order to encourage the Indian Mobile App Development innovation ecosystem, in line with the ambition of Atma Nirbhar Abhiyan.
News in Detail:
- It has been launched in collaboration with Indian homegrown startup Plezmo and the online course is completely free.
- It has 6 project-based learning modules and online mentoring sessions through which young innovators can learn to build mobile Apps in various Indian languages and showcase their talent.
- Periodic Teacher Training sessions will be conducted on the AIM App Development course to build capacities and acumen for App Development within school teachers.
- This would be one of the largest App learning and development initiatives at a school level in any country under which young innovators can learn to build mobile Apps in various Indian languages and showcase their talent.
- It will help to integrate the Atal Tinkering Lab innovations with mobile apps enhancing the usability and reach of the innovations.
About Atal Innovation Mission
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country.
- AlM’s objectives are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
The Atal Innovation Mission has following two core functions:
- Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilization, wherein innovators would be supported and mentored to become successful entrepreneurs.
- Innovation promotion: to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated.
|The major initiatives of AIM are: