What’s in the news?
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched ‘Atma Nirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- Apart from recruiting a skilled workforce, the Artificial Intelligence-based platform has been envisioned
- to strengthen their career pathways by handholding them through their journeys to attain industry-relevant skills and
- to explore emerging job opportunities which will help migrant labour, who has been severely impacted by the socio-economic fallout of the COVID pandemic.
- ASEEM will be used as a match-making engine to map skilled workers with the jobs available.
- Through ASEEM, employers, agencies and job aggregators looking for skilled workforce in specific sectors will also have the required details at their fingertips.
- It will also enable policymakers to take a more objective view of various sectors.