AIM’s Innovations for You
About the Mission
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country.
- AIM’s objective is to develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy, provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation ecosystem of the country.
Initiatives under Atal Innovation Mission
Atal Tinkering Labs – at School Level
- AIM has launched the establishment of thousands of Atal Tinkering Labs enabling students from grade 6 to grade 12 to have access to and tinker with innovative tools and technologies like 3D printers, robotics, miniaturised electronics do-it-yourself kits, thus stimulating a problem solving innovative mindset to solve problems in the community they are in.
Atal Incubators at Universities, Institutions, Industry Level
- To promote creation of a supporting ecosystem for start-ups and entrepreneurs, AIM has been establishing world-class incubators called Atal Incubation Centres (AICs) in universities. Institutions, corporates, etc. that would foster innovative start-ups and become scalable and sustainable enterprises.
Atal Community Innovation Centres – Serving Unserved and Under-Served Regions of India
- To promote the benefits of technology led innovation to the unserved/ underserved regions of India including Tier 2, Tier 3 cities, aspirational districts, tribal, hilly and coastal areas, AIM is setting up Atal Community Innovation Centres (ACICs) with a unique partnership driven model wherein AIM would grant up to Rs. 2.5 crore to an ACIC subject to a partner proving equal or greater matching funding.
Atal New India Challenges – Product and Service Innovations with National Impact
- To create product and service innovations having national socio-economic impact, AIM has launched Atal New India Challenges in partnership with five different ministries and departments of the central government.
Applied Research and Innovation for Small Enterprises (ARISE)
- To promote innovation in a phased manner in the MSME/Start-up sector AIM launched ARISE along with partner Ministries so that great research ideas are converted to viable innovative prototypes followed by product development and commercial deployment.
Mentorship and Partnerships – with Public, Private sector, NGOs, Academia, Institutions
- To enable all the initiatives to succeed, AIM has launched the “Mentor India – The Mentors of Change” programme, in collaboration with the public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the initiatives of the mission.
Why in News?
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) NITI Aayog has launched the fourth edition of ‘Innovations for You’ coffee table book featuring 75 successful women entrepreneurs of India.
- The 75 women entrepreneurs are supported by Atal Incubation Centres (AICs) of AIM, NITI Aayog.
- ‘Innovations For You’ is a Coffee Table Book series with 3 editions being released previously. The book captures success stories of start-ups supported through Atal Incubation Centres, Atal Community Innovation Centres and Atal New India Challenges, three flagship programs under the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Each edition showcases the journey of entrepreneurs working in different sectors and is dedicated to creating new, disruptive, innovative products, services, and solutions that can pave the path for a sustainable future.
View all comments